Friday, October 12, 2012

getting it right

I've been very inspired by some photos I've seen recently, taken of a dear friend and her family, which are just gorgeous. The photographer has a great eye for lighting.  I struggle with this, or struggle to get my settings right to capture the image in the best light..although, I think I got this one right.

Which, now I come to think of it, was taken with the point and shoot I had in my pocket at the time (this image has been lightly edited) Hmm. What is that telling me ? !

Whatever that point was, I have still just ordered this imagine made into a canvas print to give my mum for Christmas, who is always complaining she never gets any photos of the kids. I have to say, I far prefer these sort of shots to the one of them all dressed up, even though I of course take heaps of them when we are all clean and polished. I have also ordered this same one in poster form for myself (or husband for Christmas too, if I can wait that long!) to go in a huge rimless clip frame I have.

I have also ordered this, as a gift for our friends and neighbours, from a session I did earlier this week. Am keen to see how the printing of both turn out, having ordered from Big W during a 50% off canvas sale.

bw boysMy only issue is, whenever I have ordered canvases before, is that they are always strange dimensions and not in alignment with standard photo dimensions.

I'll come back later and share some of the stunning photos taken of my friends family.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Your shot is fabulous Sharon! An excellent choice for an enlargement.

    ReplyDelete